5 easy sleep tips for night-shift-workers 🌚
Updated: Aug 23, 2021
It’s extremely hard adapting to shift work when it’s new to your life. So we have compiled 5 of the easiest, most important sleep tips to tackle the PM shift in peak performance.
Working against your body clock can contribute to the onset of some health problems including higher rates of heart disease, mood disorders and sleep disorders, if not managed correctly. So, it's super important to ensure you're giving yourself the best chance of deep sleep during times of night-shift-work.
1. Prepare ahead: (if possible) begin changing your sleeping pattern 3 days prior to starting.
2. Eat well & plan: eat easily digestible snacks on shift if you can, and stay away from carbs and fatty foods that promote drowsiness.
3. Exercise: boost your energy when you need it and promote a better sleep by doing at least 30 minutes of physical activity. Ideally before your shift.
4. Change your sleeping environment: get some blockout blinds, and make sure your room isn’t too warm as our bodies sleep better at 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Introduce a silk pillowcase into your beauty routine! Silk is known for its ability to tame frizzy hair, prevent acne breakouts and sleep lines. So you can wake up feeling fresh and ready for work! 🧑⚕️
Find an affordable silk pillowcase on Amazon.com here.